https://www.provenance.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Tiny-TeaCosy-1.jpg 1165 1310 Amanda Stewart https://www.provenance.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/logo.png Amanda Stewart2015-11-09 15:38:182015-11-09 15:38:18FREE Tea Cosy Pattern
Provenance Tea Cosy – To fit a 2-3 Cup Teapot
What you will require…
- 2 balls of Provenance recycled silk sari yarn (50m) or 1 hank of spun recycled cotton sari yarn (50m)
- 6mm knitting needles
How to Knit Two Sides of the Tea Cosy…
- Cast on 21 stitches and work 32 rows of garter stitch (knit every row) this will create one side of your tea cosy. When the side is complete thread the stitches onto the remaining yarn and pull tight to gather; secure ends of yarn.
- Repeat this process for second side.
How to Assemble Your Tea Cosy…
- First weave in the tails of the yarn.
- Pin sides together at the bottom and top of the cosy and fit over your teapot.
- Pin to fit around the spout and the handle making sure the openings are quite loose as this makes the cosy easy to put on and take off.
- Using a blanket stitch in either embroidery thread or ordinary sewing thread stitch sides around both openings.
- With the left over yarn make loops to decorate the top of the tea cosy.